Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Rather eventful day..

So yesterday my day nurse added Be Boring! to my daily goals! Apparently that jinxed me because we have had quite the eventful day today!
 It started out with them not leaving me alone from 6am on. Weight ck 1st thing this morning showed I have lost 5lbs. Dr isn't concerned though since babies growth is great. Doesn't really surprise me after sac  rupture and stress of this week. Tried napping around 1pm (ya know that whole REST thing...) and was woken up 3 times in an hour! One was maintenace coming to check my bedside table, seriously?? Anyway they decided to do my glucose test at 3:30. I thought I did good laying off the sugar and such to find out I failed it by 16pts. Carrie said it could be the carbs I'd had all day. Wouldn't it have made sense for them to watch what I ate all day or do it in the morning?? So now I have to do the  fasting after midnight and the 3hr test :\
On to tonights monitoring session. Babies were found easily at the beginning then A started being stubborn and going off the sensor. I was strapped in same spot for 2hrs and showing uterine irritibility which A did not like. My pulse ran high for a bit but was fine quickly and temp is normal. Nurse called the on-call Dr to see what she said. Dr came up and did an u/s to make sure babies were ok. Not only were they doing well but BOTH were practicing breathing!! This is pretty early but exceptional news for Baby A to be doing :) They are laying head to head and A is still transverse with his arm nice and comfy in the cervix. B gave us a yawn,  apparently he thinks it's been an eventufl night too.
  Things have all settled down now, so here's to a night of only sleep! And a nice boring day tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything is going well. Keep those babies in, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too sweet Krystal! Stacey is being absolutely amazing through all of this... We don't even know what to think or say at this point. We're just taking everything one day at a time :) How are things going with your journey and your IPs?

    ReplyDelete